Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Decisions, decisions, decisions...

The new bathroom is now framed up and ready to go.  The plumber and electrician should be back out today to do whatever magic it is that they do.




Now Nick is pestering me to make tile, flooring and fixture decisions.  Gaw, Nick!  I thought I wanted a white subway tile shower surround and the marble flooring we're you're putting in the other bathroom???

He thinks it too matchy, matchy.  I think it's historical-like consistency in a small space.

white subway tile shower
Classic, no-fuss shower surround
http://victoriaelizabethbarnes.com/how-to-choose-a-tile-for-a-vintage-bath-marble-hexagon-tile-grey-grout-subway-tile-porcelain-console-sink/
This is similar to the carrara marble I picked

My thoughts are clean, white hard surfaces with pops of color in the paint selection and linens.  I'll have a white pedestal sink with an oval recessed medicine chest mirror and flanking sconces.

This is where you come into play:  Help decide what the best approach is here!  Am I being retentive or consistent?  Is there a better idea?

2 comments:

  1. Go with your gut feeling. You can always remodel next year if you change your mind!! :)

    ReplyDelete