Thursday, July 24, 2014

Two Become One


I got is weird image text from Nick yesterday
 Me: ??? 
Nick: That is your new kitchen window
Me: What?
Nick: Really
My thought:  You ordered used windows for my house?  That doesn't look like the argon-filled, interior mullion, vinyl, double-hung, white lovelies we discussed...WTH, Nick???
Nick: We closed in the one window that was next to it
(Did I mention that Nick doesn't use punctuation in his texts?  Is he too busy?  Who's too busy for grammar?!  Oh, wait...he's building my house.  Big picture, Chrissy.  Big picture.)

Ahhhhhh!  Now I get it!  He's a genius!  He used siding from where the bathroom was framed up and matched it to a T.  That window looked like this yesterday morning:


Stinkin' awesome!  You can't even tell that isn't original construction.  There'll be a single hung French door to the left of the now-just-one-window.  It's gonna be great!

The electricians and plumbers were there yesterday too.  The electrician geeked out with me about lighting in the kitchen and suggested three more recessed can lights.  I talked him down to two.  He also LOVES outlets--they're all over the kitchen.  <happy face>  He's great!

View in the kitchen into the new bathroom
Who knew water supply lines are color coded now?!
The drywall should start August 4.  Wheeee!  My project for this weekend is to restore these bad boys:

One of two original wall scones in the living room
I bought new switches yesterday evening and I'll probably change out the bulbs to Edison bulbs.  Stay tuned for that!

2 comments:

  1. I love the creation in your home. This is so much fun!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for being part of it with me! (((hugs)))

      Delete