Saturday, August 16, 2014

Houston, We Have Walls.

I've received plenty of flack for my lack of posting activity lately, but I've spent the last week facilitating for users, a new proprietary software we're rolling out at work. I'm pooped and haven't even been by the house to check progress!

Drywall, ceiling paint and all over primer are finished. 

 

Colors are picked from Sherwin Williams:

Left to right: Crystal Clear - front bedroom and bath, Swimming - dining room and hallway, Spa - living room, Reclining Green - back bedroom, Supreme Green - back bathroom, Lemon Chiffon - kitchen, Grizzle Gray - kitchen chalkboard accent wall
My hope is that these are happy, vibrant colors without being obnoxious. I want to be historically accurate with a twist--certainly don't think chalkboard walls were the hot thing in the 1920's scene. What do you think?

I'm here at the house right now, waiting to meet the A/C guy, Juan Carlos. Yay for central air!

I've been approached by three neighbors as I've attempted to write this post. They're so excited and supportive! And probably mostly curious. They all seemed to really love Bill, the elderly previous owner. 

What do I care? I love showing the progress of this place! I hope the work that's done here will honor not only Bill but this neighborhood. Cannot wait to be here forever!

1 comment: