Wednesday, August 20, 2014

In Living Color...

Did I mention that the plan is to move into Beauty next week???  Sorry Nick.  (((big hugs)))  Sad for me...I haven't begun packing!  I'm starting to stress a bit, but it'll work out, right?  Right.  Packing party, anyone?

I did call all the utilities to transfer service and whatnot and for the first time in over two years, I will have television service!  Yay for cheapo AT&T U-Verse!  :)

Painting has begun!
Living room looking into dining room

Dining room looking into living room

Hallway - I just love that built in wall mirror!
Front bedroom - Spa-la-ahhhh!

Back bedroom - door glass to be frosted!
"Mint" condition back bathroom

Backer board is up in the bathrooms and they're ready for tile-tommorrow.  I love the niche that's built in the front bathroom.  It'll have three compartments with marble shelves for each.

Front bathroom

Nick also installed the door he had fabricated for me in the kitchen.  It's beautiful and adds so much light to the room!
Kitchen exit door

Kitchen exit porch

I thought we were doing a couple steps down from the door, but Nick thought it needed to be up to code and would look better with a 4x4 landing.  Rails are up next.  He's a genius! Duh.

Here's the view from the kitchen to the front door - I'm in love!
In my past experiences, I would have NEVER considered anything beyond neutral wall colors that would make a home easily marketable for a quick sale.  In this case, even if I decide to move in a month, people in the Highlands expect kitsch and vibrancy.  It's gold, Jerry!  Gold!

I bought new ceiling fans for both bedrooms and another Restore fixture for the hallway.  Think nickel finish with mercury glass...

Masterpiece in the making
Tile work starts tomorrow.  Nick is also sanding and polyurethaning the wood floors to cure over the weekend.  The A/C will be installed next Monday.  The movers come next Friday.  Zanax anyone?!  Anyone?!

2 comments:

  1. "You can do what you wanna do.......in living color!" I finished the song for you. Boom!!
    Love it Chrissy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am still waiting to see the commercial for your new reality tv show. We could call it ?....you fill it in! :)

    ReplyDelete